Being an introvert in a busy world is one struggle but to be an introvert working in a close knit setting that a nanny works in every day is a whole other battle in itself.
I have a serious love hate relationship with working in childcare at times. I love working with kids. I could talk to kids all day long without batting an eye. Grown ups on the other hand. No thanks. The first few weeks of that first getting to know a new family stage can be so hard sometimes and I know i’m not the only one that struggles with it, so I just thought i’d do a silly blog about some of my emotions I feel on that first day of the job.
1. I’m going to walk in and say something, get the conversation going…“Good morning how are you?”
10 points for me, go me, that was perfect.
“I’m good how are you, how was your weekend?”
Weekend….I don’t know…I remember nothing…quick say something
“Good, how was yours?”
2. She’s going to want to stay to show me around right? Right. Crap.
3. She’s staying home this first day to show me around? What are we going to talk about all day long? This baby? He can only save us for so long.
4. I can’t keep running away to the restroom she’s going to think something is wrong with me.
5. Don’t play with the kid awkwardly. Why are you using that baby voice? Why does it sound like Donald Duck?
6. What kinds of things do I like to do in my free time you ask? I’ll tell you…when I remember.
7. Don’t pull out your phone. Don’t pull out your phone.
8. Ok you pulled it out, but only because she got on the phone and the kid is napping, look like you’re doing something productive. Double tap nothing.
9. Has this been awkward enough? I’m not sure. I’m going to add a little more awkward to this first day party.
10. I head out to the car, only to realize I left my keys, wallet and phone. Do I need those things I think to myself? Are they that important? I can totally uber home and boo wait.
More not silly posts are coming soon, I have lots of ideas that I need to get pushed out there and am looking forward to sharing with you guys!